How do I remember to change toothbrush?
Did you know that it is recommended to change toothbrush approximately 4 times a year? However, sometimes it can be difficult to remember to switch. Here are some simple tips to help you remember to change your toothbrush often enough.
It is easy to forget to change your toothbrush and many people think that they are changing it more often than they actually are. It is not always possible to see when your toothbrush should be changed. Therefore, it is important to remember when you last switched it out. Can you remember the last time you changed your toothbrush? If not, try out some of our suggestions of how to remember to change your toothbrush!
TIPS TO HELP YOU REMEMBER TO CHANGE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH:
- Replace your toothbrush every season: winter, spring, summer and autumn
- Change your toothbrush before going on holiday, to ensure a fresh start on your trip (summer holiday, Christmas holiday, Easter holiday etc.)
- Change toothbrush every time you buy a new toothpaste
- Mark off in your calendar when it is time to switch out your toothbrush
- Replace your toothbrush if the bristles look worn
Try out these tips and find out what works for you. Incorporating a habit of changing your toothbrush into your oral care routine should be done sooner rather than later. Replacing your toothbrush often enough will help ensure that you get the most out of your oral hygiene habits. Your teeth will thank you.
DID YOU KNOW THAT:
- Switching your toothbrush helps prevent build-up of bacteria
- It is recommended to change your toothbrush 4 times a year
- If you brush more aggressively you should switch out your toothbrush more often
- You should change your toothbrush when you have had a contagious disease (flu, cold etc.)
- Storing your well-rinsed toothbrush upright and letting it air dry helps reduce accumulation of bacteria
Do not forget to encourage your family members to change their toothbrush too. Especially kids might forget to switch, therefore it is a good idea to explain to them why it is important. Then they too can keep their teeth healthy and clean. If everyone in the household has the same switching routine chances of remembering to change is higher. Make changing toothbrushes a team effort.